EU Citizens: This website uses cookies to provide you with a better experience. You can learn more by clicking here. By continuing to use this website, you agree to their use.

Finland’s Blind Channel Will Be Sending Europe to the ‘Dark Side’

Metal band Blind Channel have won Uuden Musiikin Kilpailu (UMK) Finland’s national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest 2021, with their song ‘Dark Side’. The group will now compete against 40 other acts in Rotterdam.

We can’t wait to play to hundreds of millions of people, so we can turn them to the dark side too! We’re gonna have one night of perfection tonight, because when Monday comes we have to get back to the grind to make sure we deliver the best show in Rotterdam that we can!

Scores came in from across the globe, as 25% of the points available were awarded by international juries from the United Kingdom, Switzerland, the USA, Poland, Iceland, Spain and The Netherlands. The remaining 75% of the tally was awarded by Finnish viewers.

Blind Channel demolished the field with a landslide of 551 points:

  • Blind Channel – Dark Side (551pts)
  • Teflon Brothers x Pandora – I Love You (180pts)
  • Ilta – Kelle Mä Soitan (149pts)
  • Oskr – Lie (115pts)
  • Aksel – Hurt (108pts)
  • Danny – Sinä Päivänä Kun Kaikki Rakastaa Mua (60pts)
  • Laura – Play (13pts)

The metal outfit is made up of Joel Hokka (vocals and guitar), Niko Vilhelm (vocals), Joonas Porko (guitar), Olli Matela (bass), Tommi Lalli (drums) plus recent addition and sixth member Aleksi Kaunisvesi (keyboards), giving the band the perfect number of members for the Eurovision Song Contest stage.

Blind Channel describe their style of music as “violent pop” and have been likened to British alt-metal band Bring Me The Horizon.

The Eurovision Song Contest 2021 will take place in Ahoy, Rotterdam in The Netherlands on 19, 21 and 23 May 2021. Eurofans in New Zealand can watch all three shows live on the official Eurovision YouTube channel, without commentary.

Advertisement
More Stories
The 10 Qualifiers From Semi-Final 1 for 2021 Are In